To instill grit, determination and self control in yourself there are 3 simple steps you can take:
1. It's O.K to FAIL (Once you have tried your best): If you are always making excuses for failure, blaming other coaches, referees, players, etc., you have lost sight of the fact that failure is a MANDATORY component of both learning and becoming mentally tough. Children who are not allowed to fail never have any obstacles to overcome, and blame things outside of themselves for their failure. Every time they encounter an obstacle, they wait to be carried over it, they wait for the problem to be solved for them. They do not persevere, they do not persist; they only learn to give up. If you fail, be observant and ask yourself what can i change to have a better outcome?
2. Praise yourself and others for your Effort and Drive: to be a determined, gritty athlete, you need to have Drive! take note of how you are becoming dominant or struggling through hardship and highlight your achievements which has come through sustained effort over the long haul. praise yourself for being driven and you will come to value, and even embrace the persistent pursuit of long term goals.
3. Be a Model Grit to Yourself and Other Athletes: This is a tough one, but remember that You are what you believe, and what you believe is powerful. Others will see that power and desire it for themselves. Now you are a leader. To be that leader, don’t complain about things out of your control or tough, instead demonstrate and show that what you are doing is not easy, but is worth the struggle, and perseverance required of achieving it.
| || |
| || |
- Animal walks
- Squat series and walking Lunges
- Lying hip press outs
- Lying press outs with leg crossed over
- Butterfly's and single push outs
- Kneeling Lunge series
- Squat Holds
- Crab squats keep opposite leg parallel
- Pigeon Stretch front leg 90 degrees. Roll it,Floss it.
20 KB Swing
10 Wall Balls
10 sec Inch Worm Hold
Rest in a Squat Hold
3 sets x 15 reps
DB Walking Lunges
3 sets set Max sec Plank Hold
4 sets x 10 reps
Push up to Jack Knife - Or separate for Tech
3 sets Max Stage Hyper Extensions